This is a great low-carb alternative to your standard homemade tacos. I love Mexican food and wasn’t willing to part with tacos after starting my low-carb diet. This always satisfies my craving.
Low-Carb “Tacos” Salad
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Stir meat mixture, shredded lettuce, tomato, Cheddar cheese, salsa, and sour cream together in a large bowl. Divide taco mixture among 4 bowls and top each with avocado slices.