Here we going to make mediterranean chicken skillet with feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, dried oregano, and fresh lemon slices lend Mediterranean flair to this full-flavored dish.
Mediterranean Chicken Skillet Dinner
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small lemon, cut into 8 slices
- ¼ (8 ounce) jar chopped, drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8.8 ounce) pouch UNCLE BEN'S® READY RICE® Roasted Chicken Flavored Rice
- ⅓ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon oregano and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, adding salt if desired. Sprinkle evenly over top of chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan, seasoned-side down. Cover and cook until browned, about 6 minutes. Turn chicken over, and top each breast with 2 lemon slices. Cover and cook 6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken registers 165 degrees F. Place chicken on a plate; cover loosely to keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add rice, chicken stock, remaining 1/2 teaspoon oregano, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper to skillet. Gradually add spinach, stirring gently until spinach wilts. Nestle chicken breasts back in skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts.