Quick, 45-minute marinade steak, pan-seared with cast iron, finished in oven directly on cast iron skillet.
Cast Iron Pan-Seared Steak (Oven-Finished)
- Cast Iron Pan
- 2 (6 ounce) beef top sirloin steaks
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons steak seasoning (such as Fiesta Brand® Uncle Chris'), or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- Place steaks side by side in large casserole dish. Add orange juice, cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Remove casserole dish from refrigerator. Cover steaks with plastic wrap and let reach room temperature, at least 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Place steaks on a clean work surface and generously rub with steak seasoning and black pepper.
- Cook steaks in the hot skillet until lightly browned on the bottom, 2 1/2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side and red in the center, about 2 minutes more. Place skillet, with steaks, into the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven until steaks are firm and reddish-pink to lightly pink in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read from 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) to 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
- Remove steaks from oven; season with salt. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can also use rib-eye in this recipe.
Make sure to use real orange juice, not from concentrate.